Shoot the breeze, anything goes.
VIP

2017-08-24 09:15 »

NEED DONATION!!!
URGENTLY!!!

I need a total of $1500 donation for the year 2018, otherwise this server will shut down at end of December 2017 because I will not be able to renew its contract. I am willing to share admin privilege or if you want to run this server all alone, it's fine by me. I have put a lot of hours and time into this place and will be sad if I need to shut it down.

Of course, none of you cared even one second about this place. I did a mass email to all members, only ONE person answered me.

Pretty sad.

:miunhappy: :miconfused:

ArmaSoldiers.com
VIP

2017-09-19 13:41 »

Reminder! :miconfused:

Phantom

2017-11-03 23:32 »

I got the email. Im not going to comment any further until I see player population charts I requested in the general fourm. The server just seems to be dead. If there is a rise in player pop you could get more donations.

ArmaSoldiers.com
VIP

2017-11-07 05:10 »

The stats are public, you can see it on gametracker here: https://www.gametracker.com/server_info ... .com:2302/

Here are some older stats for you: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=164

Generally speaking, all Arma servers are down in population around summer and this time of year but they will pick up players near end of year usually.

Please bear in mind that I will not accept a small donation from just one person because it will not be enough to keep the server going and I don't want to take money from anyone unless it will actually help keep the server alive.

I'm also open to share the admin role and decision making of the server, if someone donated for a full year. Well, actually, if someone donated for a full year, he/she can decide about most matters and I will probably just be in the background, taking care of upgrades and updates and technical stuff.

...but yeah, the server cost is $1500 for a full year so chance of getting such donation is, well, zero.

I put so many months of my life on this place and sadly, not many cared to donate and I'm very poor, I can't afford to keep it running anymore.

:mihissyfit: :miconfused:

VIP

2017-12-12 10:06 »

I might rent a super cheap server, for like $5 per month, with maybe 2 player slots, just to keep this place alive for myself. Fuck all of you bastards who never cared, never helped and never donated a penny to keep this place alive.

:mimad: :miconfused:

VIP

2017-12-13 14:46 »

New hosting place... new IP... non-default port (2312)... and only 30 slots... fuck all of you. :miwacko:

anton

2017-12-29 13:10 »

Look if you say fuck all of you, than no one will ever donate. I cannot just donate f*cking 1500$ that is just too mutch. Yeah maybe i could just donate 10 - 15$ but than is it not easy for me to donate that money. Maybe if you add more mission (with a name like money shipment with 5mil or something) than maybe more people came on? I remember the day when people didint joined anymore. The day when you change the VS..... You change that you can only buy one jet,one tank,one armed vehicle. I just want to say that was the day when the server was slowing dying. But then you add "flight day",people came on because it was fun. Like me i came on yesterday because it was "flight day" and some people hate it because they cannot fly or operate a jet like me. I think they dont like it either if you cannot buy a AA - tank and shoot it down. Maybe if you read all of this and think about what i type maybe it could bring you on idea's

But thanks for reading all of this and hope you dont hate me for saying all of this...

VIP

2017-12-29 19:44 »

Thanks for the reply and suggestions anton. The $1500 donation was when we had a physical server. I had to let that one go and one person donating $15 would not help me keep that server but now that the cost is lower, if you are still willing to help, even a few dollars, I gladly will accept help!

About the flight day, I disagree because there are other $1.000.000 servers with the jet and tank but they are also empty. The entire Arma game was half dead for many months. Now people are starting to come back again. Also, the flight day was active for months and months and months but no one came so I don't think it was the reason for the low player count.