- Our server uses A3Wasteland with some modifications.
- Our forum are powered by phpBB - Forum Software - phpBB Group.
- Current forum style "we_universal" is designed by INVENTEA and nextgen, with modifications.
Rules, terms and conditions:
- We do allow guest visitors to read topics, posts and download attachments.
- If you do not plan to stay long, no need to register yourself. We have no interest in collecting junk accounts.
- If you are under the age of 18, you must have permission from your parent(s) or legal guardian(s) to use our services.
- We allow the use of profanity and nudity in our services.
- There is no sword of Damacles hanging over the users' posts or players in our services. Speak freely! Play it your way!
- You may not break any laws.
- Only English in public chats.
- Cheating or hacking will get you banned.
- Abusing and messing around with the server or players' game clients will get you banned.
- We reserve the right to ban disruptive and abusing players without warning.
- We must be able to reach users by their registration email.
- In order to make sure no bots sign up, sometimes, users will be verified manually via email by a human.
- Users who do not respond to our verification email in a timely manner will be deleted without warning.
- Users who do not login to the Web site for more than 120 days will be deleted without warning.
- You do not have to post anything to keep your account active. We understand that some people like to just read and be silent. We have no problem with that.
- It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.
- Upload the pictures rather than linking to them because links tend to die as time goes by.
- It is not possible to edit your posts. (1)
- Private messaging is disabled. (1)
- Notifications by email are disabled. (1)
- Signatures are not visible below posts. (1)
- You do not have to have an avatar (of course) but it is nice if you upload one.
- If our Web site is "broken" because you are using an old version of a browser, we do not care. Update your browser. (1)
Even though you can have a signature in your profile, it will not be visible below your posts. This is because signatures attached to each post can be very distracting and repetitive when reading a topic. Upon reading a post, the signature looks almost like the next post or even a commercial banner depending on the type of the signature. Unwillingly the brain will start reading it and it can be very tiring and distractive from the main subject after a while. Feel free to add your signatures in your profiles if you wish. They are still visible in the profile page.
Being able to subscribe to a topic or an entire forum is great! Well, at first. The more the forums grow, the more useless this function becomes. Lots of old users and/or dead emails start to clog up the system. Subscription works fine if you have for example a podcast where the "content" is not on the main site, although even there an RSS feed is a lot better.
Another issue with this function is that because"users" are inherently "lazy" (those who build software know what it means), this function will help keeping them away from the website and not visiting it often. We have nothing against such users, we do not mind them at all but these kinds of "remote" users are not something we actively seek or care about. That's why the subscription function is disabled.
If you care about this place, you should be actively visiting it and not "remotely".
This too will start to clog up the system after a while. Lots of junk gathers in the database. For private talk between members, they can just visit each other's profiles and use whatever is there like a website or an instant messaging address. For a group chat? Just start a thread!
...it is not possible to edit your posts:
This is to prevent "rogue elements" to delete data or in case someone's account gets hacked. There is also the issue of quotes where if someone quotes someone else and the original post gets edited, the quote could suddenly become wrong. Unlike 1984, the past cannot be changed here!
If our Web site seems to not be working properly because you are using an old version of the browser of your choice, we do not care. At all. For example, if you feel that it is prudent of you to stay in an old Internet Explorer version, say 6.x, don't come nagging to us that this Web site is not working in it. Update your browser. In such cases, it is not the Web site which is broken but it is you that are breaking the Web. Seriously.
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT ArmaSoldiers.com AND THE ArmaSoldiers.com AFFILIATES WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES THAT MAY BE INCURRED BY YOU, HOWEVER CAUSED. THIS INCLUDES, BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO, ANY LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, OR BUSINESS REPUTATION; ANY LOSS OF DATA; ANY COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; OR ANY OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES. THIS ALSO INCLUDES ANY LOSS OR DAMAGES THAT MAY BE INCURRED BY YOU AS A RESULT OF (a) ANY CHANGES THAT ArmaSoldiers.com MAY MAKE TO THE SERVICE; (b) ANY PERMANENT OR TEMPORARY CESSATION OF THE SERVICE; (c) THE DELETION OR CORRUPTION OF OR FAILURE TO STORE ANY CONTENT OR OTHER PROPERTY MAINTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICE; OR (d) YOUR FAILURE TO KEEP YOUR PASSWORD OR ACCOUNT DETAILS SECURE. THE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY ABOVE SHALL APPLY IRRESPECTIVE OF THE THEORY OF LIABILITY, INCLUDING CONTRACT (INCLUDING FUNDAMENTAL BREACH), WARRANTY, PRODUCT LIABILITY, STRICT LIABILITY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHER THEORY, EVEN IF WE (OR OUR AFFILIATES) HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT ArmaSoldiers.com AND THE ArmaSoldiers.com AFFILIATES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR USER CONTENT OR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY AND THAT THE RISK OF HARM OR DAMAGE FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU.
By submitting your material to ArmaSoldiers.com, you represent and warrant that your submission does not violate or infringe any law, the rights of any third party, including without limitation, copyrights, trademarks or trade dress, patents, or rights of publicity/privacy. By submitting your material to ArmaSoldiers.com, you also acknowledge that your material is not confidential or proprietary. Our review of your material is strictly to ensure compliance with the rules and does not imply that we will use, develop or publish your material. Nor does our review of your material prevent us from using, developing, publishing or marketing ideas or products that may be similar to your material.
Once you submit any material to ArmaSoldiers.com, you expressly grant ArmaSoldiers.com the worldwide, complete, exclusive, perpetual and irrevocable right to quote, re-post, use, reproduce, modify, distribute, transmit, broadcast, and otherwise communicate, and publicly display and perform the material in any form, anywhere, with or without attribution to you, and without notice or compensation to you of any kind. If we decide to use, develop or publish your material, you agree to take any further steps reasonably required by ArmaSoldiers.com to enforce and protect our rights to your material.
We reserve the right to change our rules, terms and conditions at any time without notice.